About David Cronkite
Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Education
From Truro, Nova Scotia, David Cronkite has been teaching and playing drum set, percussion, and piano for 45 years. His teaching style is fun, engaging, and in-depth. David has two children, both in the arts: Ana with a Bachelor’s degree in film and Max who plays bass and works on his Master's in early and medieval history.
• Bachelor of Music, Mount Allison University
• David performed in ensembles with a member of the Blue Man Group, Scott Bishop
• Dean’s list four years in a row
• Bachelor of Education, Ottawa University
• Composed for pop band, percussion ensemble, and jazz groups
• Wrote for DRUMS Etc. magazine for two years
• Drums and sings for Capital Beatles
• Played in Sway, Ottawa’s top dance band, for five years
• Directed and composed for a local grade eight percussion ensemble for eight years
• Percussion instructor at Long Bay Arts Camp
• Percussion and piano instructor at the Rebecca Cohen Auditorium in Halifax
• Sole percussion/drum set instructor at Hebbville Academy, Nova Scotia
• Played drums for Nova Scotia’s touring band (included recording artist Melanie Doane) in the 1984 Summer Games
• Drummer and pianist for the St. Lawrence Stage Company
• Performed on CBC radio, CBC TV, and ITV in England
• Drummed for his high school band when they won the Canadian National Stage Band competition in 1980
Hours Of Operation
Mon: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Tue: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Wed: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Thu: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Sun: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Lessons That Matter
Lifelong Love Of Music-musicianship is like a close friend your whole life, shareable with everyone.
Imagination & Self-Expression-the desire to play music never goes away. Experience that desire fully at Cronkite Percussion.
Critical Thinking-Essential life skill. Learn to problem solve through music performance and practice.
Stress Relief-making music makes you happy your whole life.