Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Education
I am from Truro, Nova Scotia and have been teaching and playing drum set, percussion, and piano for over 47 years. I have two children, both in the arts. Ana is an operations manager for Sandbox film company—Max plays bass and has a Master's in ancient and medieval history.
• Bachelor of Music, Mount Allison University
• Bachelor of Education, Ottawa University
• Performed on CBC radio, CBC TV, and ITV in England
• Performed in a percussion ensemble with a member of the Blue Man Group, Scott Bishop
• Played drums for Nova Scotia’s touring band (included recording artist Melanie Doane) in the 1984 Summer Games
• Dean’s list four years in a row
• Composed for pop band, percussion ensemble, and jazz groups
• Wrote for DRUMS Etc. magazine for two years
• Drummed and sang with three professional Beatles bands
• Played in Sway, Ottawa’s top dance band, for four years
• Directed and composed for a local grade eight percussion ensemble for eight years
• Percussion and piano instructor at the Rebecca Cohen Auditorium in Halifax
• Sole percussion/drum set instructor at Hebbville Academy, Nova Scotia
• Drummer and pianist for the St. Lawrence Stage Company
• Drummed for my high school band when we won the Canadian National Stage Band competition in 1980
• Created thousands of drumming wizards who love to make music magic
Mon: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Tue: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Wed: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Thu: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Sun: 10:30am - 6:00pm
Lessons Made For You
Lifelong Love Of Music-musicianship is like a close friend your whole life and shareable with everyone.
Imagination & Self-Expression-the desire to play music never goes away. Strengthen that desire at Cronkite Percussion.
Critical Thinking-Essential life skill. Learn to problem solve through music performance and practice.
Stress Relief-making music makes you happy. It is that simple.
Joy-what's more enjoyable than making music?